Who are we?
The United Methodist Women (UMW) is a community of Christian women with many gifts who are unified by one Spirit.
We are part of an international group of women who: strive to build relationships within our church family and bring education, medical care and economic justice to women and children around the globe.
UMW members are all about Missions and the Joy they spread worldwide.
United Methodist Women support UMW local, state, national, and global missions.
We make a financial pledge to global missions yearly. This is only the beginning of our commitment to help and support missions.
We have 4 major ways to support Missions….
1st through our individual pledges
- Our Cookie Stroll…..in February
- Our Fall Festival / Faux Fall Festival….
- Our Pastry Sale…in November
Our different Circles participate in a variety of other service projects and social events.
- To know God and to experience freedom as a whole person through Jesus Christ.
- To develop a creative, supportive fellowship and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
UMW Officers: 2015-2016
- Co-Leaders – Sheila Berry and Clara Hemmings
- Secretary – Kay Fergerson
- Treasurer – Frances Jones
- Nominating Committee – Executive Committee and All Circle Leaders
- Yearbook – Suzzanne Bright
- Reading Program – Clara Hemmings
- Mission Coordinators-
- Spiritual Growth – Mary Anne Shemwell
- Education Interpretation – Patty Lindsey
- Social Action – Mary Thomas
- Membership – Suzzanne Bright
The WHO/WHAT/WHEN & HOW to join this great group of Women……We would like to encourage all to join us at any time. Our activities are listed in FUMC’s first weekly activity listings (TOGETHER) and Columns.
UMW Circle Times:
We currently have the following Circles and contact persons:
- Circle 1, 3rd Monday, 6:30 p.m., Toya Debeaux – 617-4260
- Circle 2, 2nd Thursday, 11:30 a.m., Kathy Lamb – 349-0033
- Circle 3, 3rd Tuesday, 10:00 a.m., Patty Lindsey – 865-7608
- Circle 5, 2nd Wednesday, 6:30 p.m., Kay Ferguson – 294-1755
- Circle 8, 3rd Monday, 2:00 p.m., Suzzanne Bright – 865-0997
- Circle 12, 4th Monday, 10:30 a.m., Margaret Lawler – 929-3367