10 You will learn valuable skills and traits that will alter your thoughts and actions. One of the biggest things you will learn when traveling is how to be flexible and creative. On a trip, it is almost guaranteed that not everything will go according to plan. But that’s okay! You will learn to adapt and be creative in order to keep the trip positive. Upon return home, you will notice that your new found flexible planning and thinking will allow you to slow down and enjoy life just a little bit more.
9 Chances are, you will get the opportunity to get to know someone from church better! When out of your element, travel and mission create the chance to learn more about your neighbors from home! You’ll start as acquaintances and return as best friends.
8 You have the opportunity to visit and learn more about the world—God’s great creation! As St. Augustine said, “The world is a book; those who do not travel read only a page!”
7 You will get to meet our wonderful partners from all around the world and begin to create relationships! You will value and continue these friendships and relationships when our partners come to visit Shreveport in October 2017! You’ll be a familiar face for them!
6 You can experience new forms of worship and deepen your relationship with Jesus Christ. From an open air building in Uganda to a beautiful sanctuary in Russia, you will see that the love of Christ has no boundaries.
5 You might have the chance to try foods that you never have before! Through food, you can see the culture of different communities better!
4 You will have experiences that you can cherish for a lifetime!
3 You can be a disciple of Christ! Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, – Matthew 28:19
2 After your trip, you can encourage others to go as well!!
1 You can spend time with me and/or Ashley Goad! We can’t wait to get to know you better and serve the Lord together!
Register Now for Costa Rica!
- Who: Ages 10+; All Students under 18 must be accompanied by a parent
- When: SPRING BREAK – March 26 – April 2, 2016
- Where: San Isidro, Costa Rica
- What: Construction
- How much: $1200.00 ($200.00 due upon registration; $500.00 due by February 1; $500.00 due March 1.
2016 Global Missions & Events
- RUSSIAN MISSION TRIP – February 13-23
- COSTA RICA FAMILY MISSION TRIP – March 26 – April 2
- LOCAL & GLOBAL MISSIONS EXTRAVAGANZA – Friday, April 22
- HAITI MISSION TRIP – May 27 – June 3
- RUSSIAN MISSION TRIP – June
- COSTA RICA YOUTH MISSION TRIP – July 9-16
- ROMANIA PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT TRIP – September
- HAITI MISSION TRIP – October
- MISSIONS LAUNCH LUNCH – Sunday, November 13
- ECUADOR MEDICAL MISSION TRIP – November 19-26
- UGANDA MISSION TRIP – December 27-January 6